Town Clerk & Treasurer
3 yr term, expires 2021
Public Safety Building & Library
86 Mountain Rd / Route 242
Montgomery Center, Vermont
P.O. Box 356,
Montgomery Center, VT 05471
* The town Offices are closed daily from 12:00 -1:00 for the lunch hour
Voice: (802) 326-4719
Fax: (802) 326-5053
Follow us on Facebook for town news, events, and other important updates.
- Town Meeting Day 2019
March 5th 2019, Town Hall at 9:00 a.m.
- Special Elections
Contact the Town Office for details.
- Dog Licenses Due
– April 1st (accepted April 3rd due to weekend)
– Rabies Clinic: March 2019 (contact the Town Office for details)
- Tax deadlines – Postmarks are NOT accepted
– August 10th (optional installment)
– November 9th
- Water Payments Due
If a due date falls on a weekend or holiday, payments will be accepted as timely on the next regular business day.
– February 1st
– May 1st
– August 1st
– October 31st
How to make payments
Paying with your credit card
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. You can pay online, over the phone with the Town, or in person during business hours. You can also make payments over the phone with our service provider, PayGov, every day and all day. Fees are paid by you, the user, at the these rates:
- For transactions less than $100 the fee is $3.00 or $4.95 for transactions by phone directly with our service provider.
- For transactions greater than $100 the fees are 3% or 4.95% for transactions by phone directly with our service provider.
Pay by bank transfer
You can arrange to have bills paid directly from a bank account (ACH). Please contact the Town Clerk/Treasurer for details and/or to confirm receipt of all new submissions at least 2 weeks prior to the nearest due date.