Public Safety Building & Library
86 Mountain Rd / Route 242
Montgomery Center, Vermont
P.O. Box 356,
Montgomery Center, VT 05471
Tuesday: 9:00 – 3:00
Wednesday: 9:00 – 3:00
Thursday: 9:00 – 3:00
Tuesday: 12:00 – 3:00
Voice: (802) 326-4719
Fax: (802) 326-5053
Follow us on Facebook for town news, events, and other important updates.
- Town Meeting Day occurs annually on the first Tuesday in March at the Town Hall.
- Special Elections: Contact the Town Office for details.
Please note Election Warnings, Voter Checklists, & Sample Ballots (if applicable) are posted at the PSB, Center & Village Post Offices prior to all elections
- Dog Licenses
– Licenses Due April 1st -Renewals will be accepted on the next business day if the 1st falls on a weekend
– Rabies Clinic occurs annually in March – Notices for Montgomery & Berkshire clinics go out in February
- Annual Tax Due Dates
– August 10th *this is an optional installment
– 2nd Friday in November(Please note Postmarks are NOT accepted. Town Offices will be open 9-3 on the Friday taxes are due)
- Water Payment Quarterly Due Dates
– February 1st
– May 1st
– August 1st
– October 31stIf a Water due date falls on a weekend or holiday, payments will be accepted as timely on the next regular business day.
How to make payments
Paying with your credit card
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. You can pay online, over the phone with the Town, or in person during business hours. You can also make payments over the phone with our service provider, PayGov, every day and all day. Fees are paid by you, the user, at the these rates:
- For transactions less than $100 the fee is $3.00 or $4.95 for transactions by phone directly with our service provider.
- For transactions greater than $100 the fees are 3% or 4.95% for transactions by phone directly with our service provider.
Pay by bank transfer
You can arrange to have bills paid directly from a bank account (ACH). Please contact the Town Clerk/Treasurer for details and/or to confirm receipt of all new submissions at least 2 weeks prior to the nearest due date.